Why do we all need to take personal responsibility for our own Self-Development?
I love Self-development quotes, they are such a simple tool that you can use to inject some inspiration into your day which will help you to keep going all day and to keep you on your personal journey of growth.
Today I wanted to write about “Self-Development” because lets face it the last year of everyones lives around the world every single person was faced with something that they had never come across before and we all hope we will never have again!
For me Self-Development is all about taking personal responsibility for ourselves and to embark on a life-long journey of always learning. I’m someone that openly admits that I didn’t enjoy school, I did really badly in my exams, my traditional education finished when I was just sixteen years old. But something inside of me that I’ve had as long as I can remember is that ‘Inquisitive mind’ I have always wanted to learn new things so when the concept of “Personal or Self Development” was introduced to me through a customer in a job that I had when I was in my early thirties I just got it. I knew that if I wanted my life to improve then I had to become someone that was open minded and always learning.
The key element to self-development is the inner growth and self-inquiry of oneself that takes place in order to seek fulfilment and proactively reach your fullest potential.
Why Is Self-Development Important?
What would the world be like if everyone was the same and everyone stayed the same the whole way through their time here on earth? Pretty dull I think!
Just like we should never stop learning, the same should apply for self-development and improvement. When you become intentional about personal growth, you give yourself space to continuously become a better version of yourself and this in effect transforms every area of your life.
Here are 10 reasons why I believe self-development is important;
Makes you stronger
Helps you to overcome your weaknesses
Makes you step out of your comfort zone
Improves mental health
Improves your ability to make decisions
Gives you a sense of purpose
10.Gives you clarity and focus
As I said, I’m a big fan of quotes, and here are 10 of my favourite when it comes to Self Development:
1. “What holds most people back isn’t the quality of their ideas, but their lack of faith in themselves. You have to live your life as if you are already where you want to be.” – Russell Simmons
I’ve seen this time and time again with those building a network marketing business. You can want to do it, but until you actually believe you can do it, you will keep holding yourself back.
This is why self-development is such an important part of being an entrepreneur.
2. “You cannot change your destination overnight, but you can change your direction overnight. If you want to reach your goals and fulfil your potential, become intentional about your personal growth. It will change your life.” – Jim Rohn
3. “The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday.” – Anonymous
I see this every single day, Never compare yourself to others, The only person you need to be better than is the person that you was yesterday!
4. “Growth is the great separator between those who succeed and those who do not. When I see a person beginning to separate themselves from the pack, it’s almost always due to personal growth.” – John C. Maxwell
5. “Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.” – Buddha
6. “The Best Investment You Can Make Is In Yourself.” – Warren Buffet
When most people think of investments, they think of financial investments. They are so concerned with making more money that bettering their bank account is worth more than themselves.
Put some time and energy into becoming a better you by investing in yourself.
7. “Personal Development Is A Major Time-Saver. The Better You Become, The Less Time It Takes You To Achieve Your Goals.” – Brian Tracy
8. “Setting Goals Is The First Step In Turning The Invisible Into The Visible.” – Tony Robbins
So many people have big dreams of what they want to achieve in life but they have no plan of how to get there.
Every time I’ve achieved big it was because I had a dream, I made it a goal, I wrote an activity plan and I worked that plan!
9. “We Are What We Frequently Do.” – Aristotle
10. “We all have something that we are meant to do. Your genius will shine through, and happiness will fill your life, the instant you discover your higher purpose you will then direct all your energies towards it.” – Robin Sharma